To develop a reliable and stable infrastructure that is able to cope with the huge growth in data expected in the future. At the same time we want to reduce our negative impact on the environment and invest in innovative products and services that will allow us to offer solutions for social issues.
- Upgrade and improvement of the network in 4 phases: completion of phase 1, start of phases 2-4.
- Upgrade and improvement of the IT infrastructure in 2 phases: completion of phase 1.
- 50% CO2 reduction in 2020 compared with 2007.
- 30% more energy efficient in 2020 compared with 2005; 2% more energy efficient each year.
- To guarantee the stability, quality and security of the network.
- To contribute to customers' core processes with machine-to-machine solutions so that they can innovate, be more efficient and save costs and CO2.
- To encourage and facilitate innovation.
- To purchase sustainably: self-assessment of top 30 suppliers.
Why is this important to us?
Mobile networks have become indispensable for society. The rapid development of technology and new services brings many advantages. At the same time, the network accounts for 83% of our energy consumption. We are therefore constantly on the lookout for opportunities to save energy. The machine-to-machine market is seeing annual growth of approximately 20% in the number of SIM cards. Vodafone is keen to be the global market leader in this area. We want to grow further in the Netherlands by not only focusing on the connection but also on total solutions.
Vodafone starts network innovation program 'Fast Forward'
Vodafone Netherlands will accelerate its plans for the network innovation. This program, so called 'Fast Forward', will lead to a robust and future proof network, ready for new technologies and services.