The future will remain challenging in the light of the current economic climate and government cuts. Competition in the market will continue to increase. As a result, we expect the growth in turnover for mobile services to be slightly negative in the next financial year compared with this year. The current tariff portfolio (including Vodafone RED) is, however, expected to enable us to increase our market share. We are strengthening our grip on the fixed telephony market, in both the business and consumer segments, and will continue to invest in the capacity and coverage of our network by rolling out 4G. Our current status with regard to financing and personnel is expected to remain the same in the next financial year.
Our areas of focus for the coming years are:
- Data services: the accessibility and development of (new) mobile data services is an important spearhead, with the constantly increasing use of mobile internet and the management of associated privacy and security aspects.
- Network: we need the best data network and the best IT systems for our products and services. We are therefore striving to achieve a quick roll-out of HSPA+ (for 3G) and LTE (for 4G). In addition, we are continuing to invest in energy efficiency. We are doing this by means of ISO 14001 certification in 2013, amongst other things.
- Customer experience: We are striving to provide an optimal service to our customers and good value for money. We are also introducing new services to buy telephones back from customers and are providing information to parents on how their children can use mobile phones safely.
- Integrated fixed and mobile communication for the business and consumer market: as employees are becoming more mobile and smartphones and laptops are becoming increasingly secure, convergence between fixed and wireless communication is becoming more and more important. In addition, we also offer fixed internet, voice and TV at home. To strengthen and expand our position on the market for fixed broadband services, in May 2013 Vodafone acquired Wiericke, a supplier of triple-play services (internet, television and telephony) over fibre optics.
- New services: innovations are geared primarily towards machine-to-machine applications, mobile commerce (making payments and cashing in discount vouchers with your mobile) and settling accounts via your mobile bill. Special attention is given to encouraging innovations in the healthcare sector.
Always a challenger
By constantly challenging the status quo, we have made breakthroughs to the benefit of our customers.
- 1995: Libertel was the first competitor for KPN
- 1999: Libertel was the first to introduce prepaid onto the Dutch market
- 2004: Vodafone was the first to introduce the UMTS network in the Netherlands
- 2010: Vodafone was the first and only company to offer 28.8 Mbps on the Dutch market
- 2010: Vodafone was the first to integrate data into basic subscriptions
- 2011: Vodafone entered the consumer fibre-optic market with Vodafone Thuis (internet, calls and TV)
- 2013: Vodafone was the first to introduce faster speed by offering dual carrier on the 3G network
|Strategic pillars||Our aim||KPI 2012/2013||KPI 2013/2014|
|A Great Place to Work||To create an inspiring working environment and invest in committed and effective employees.||
|The Easiest Place to do Business||To create an optimal customer experience by offering a consistent and uncomplicated service in an accessible way.||
|Building for the Future||To develop a reliable and stable infrastructure that is able to cope with the huge growth in data expected in the future. At the same time we want to reduce our negative impact on the environment and invest in innovative products and services that will allow us to offer solutions for social issues.||
|A Playful and Connected Brand||To be a dynamic and daring telecom company that offers its customers an outstanding network, excellent customer service, innovative services and good value for money. We will only be able to achieve this by being accessible, open and easily approachable for customers and entering into dialogue with them.||
|An Improved and Leading Reputation||To improve our reputation by analysing the needs of each stakeholder to ensure that we discuss the right subjects with the right people, anticipate these as effectively as possible, take action and communicate what we have done.||
|Our financial Performance||To deliver solid financial performance in terms of operating turnover, margin and cash flow, which results in a growing market share in the mobile telecom market and improved profitability.||